When browsing the Internet, each one of us has felt the need to become anonymous for various reasons such as:
- Privacy and Encryption (especially when connecting with public Wi-Fi)
- Downloading content (mainly on torrents)
- Accessing content restricted by location
I keep trying different VPN’s. This time I’ve got my hands on Wormhole VPN. I’ve used it for sometime now and I’m finding this a great one to have. Here’s a look at it:
- United States, Japan, Singapore and South Korea (with Free VPN, Advanced VPN and Super VPN)
- Hong Kong (dedicated servers, available with Hong Kong Pass VPN)
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Upto 1 Gbps network
- MAC OS X
- Free VPN ($0, renew every 7 days)
- Advanced VPN ($6 per yer)
- Super VPN ($15 one time, life-time account)
- Hong Kong Pass VPN ($35 one time, life-time account, dedicated Hong Kong servers)
- Super VPN at a one-time cost of $15 and Advanced VPN at $6 per year are both attractively priced.
- Dedicated VPN servers at a one-time cost of $35 for lifetime is a great deal.
- I’ve got to say this with my personal experience, their customer support is super responsive.
Wormhole website: www.wormholevpn.net
How to setup Wormhole VPN on MAC
1. Open Network Preferences
This option is on the top-right corner of your desktop.
2. Add new VPN interface
Click the + sign to add a new VPN interface
3. Enter VPN interface details
VPN Type: L2TP over IPSec
Service Name: <vpn name of your choice>
4. Enter Server Address and Account Name
Server Address: Choose one from this list, https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/wormhole-vpn/index.html
Account Name: <check order confirmation email>
Also check the box for Show VPN status in menu bar
5. Change Authentication Settings
Password: <check order confirmation email>
Shared Secret: wormholelab
6. Change Advanced settings
Check Send all traffic over VPN connection
I hope you enjoyed reading this article on Wormhole VPN.
Top 2 (must have) free alternatives to Windows Firewall
Static IP on MAC – Step by Step
Hot Corners on MAC – how use them for quick actions